|CITY CLERK'S OFFICE
Fredda Wheeler, City Clerk
City Municipal Building
92 North Alexander St.
Toccoa, GA 30577
The City Clerk’s office handles all of the property tax billing and collection as well as the billing, administration and collection of occupation taxes and other licenses and permits. This office also manages the City Cemetery. The City Clerk also serves as Superintendent of city elections and is responsible for the records management, including maintaining of all official codes, ordinances, records and documents.
The City Clerk's Office provides a variety of information, services, and support to City staff, elected officials and the public at large. In addition to keeping the records for the City, the clerk's office is also responsible for the following:
- Preparation and distribution of City Commission agendas
- Record and transcribe minutes of commission meetings
- Records management
- Municipal code updates
- Conduct and oversee City elections
- Publication of legal ads
- Business licensing
- Support City Manager, Mayor and City Commission
- Provide information to the public in an efficient and timely manner
- Supervise the Clerk of Municipal Court
- Administer the sale of lots in the City Municipal Cemetery
- Collect and Maintain Records of Hotel/Motel Tax Revenue
The City of Toccoa is registered through the e-verify program. Our User ID is 101528 and our date of authorization is Feb. 20, 2008.