Gas Leak Emergency
If you smell gas, play it safe and let us know by contacting one of our offices of after hours emergency numbers.
For emergencies requiring immediate attention after hours or on weekends, please contact the Toccoa Police Department at 706-886-8451 or call toll free at 888-863-4479.
During regular business hours, weekdays 8 a.m. until noon and 1 p.m. until 5 p.m., call the customer service representative nearest you.
Toccoa - 706-282-3222
Clayton - 706-746-3851
Natural Gas is odorless. The odor you smell is a chemical TNG adds so you can detect the smallest amount that might escape. Everyone should be able to recognize the "rotten egg" type smell and associate it with natural gas.
If you are not sure what this odor smells like, please stop in at one of our customer service centers and pick up an odorant pamphlet and a natural gas safety brochure, or contact us and we will be glad to send these to you.
If you ever smell gas, take these precautions promptly:
- Do not turn any electrical switches on or off.
- Do not light matches, smoke cigarettes or create any sort of combustion.
- Leave the area immediately!
- Call Toccoa Natural Gas at your local service center or call 911.
- Also, please notify us if you smell gas around your meter or in your yard.